* A small rented farm in Spain’s NW region of Galicia, complete with farmhouse, farm equipment, and helpful neighbors.
* A variety of materials for recycling into handmade clothes, musical instruments, and other items.
* Sleeping spaces for as many as 10 people, and more in the summertime.
* Delicious food grown on the farm, from baby potatoes and multi-coloured maize to fruit preserves and wine.
* Walks along the centuries-old rough stone walls and up into the forested hills, with views of mountains, rivers, fields, woodlands, villages, and the sea, sometimes all at once. You will see sheep, cows, and goats, and you may see hedgehogs, foxes, deer, wild boar, wild horses, and a huge variety of birds. Of special interest to the Dutch and other flat-landers: full 3-D mountainous topography on a reduced, almost toyland, scale.
* Peace. Long, perfect silences.
* A nearby 15th C. castle.
* Energy, enthusiasm, experience.
* Legal status in Spain as a cultural association.
* Volunteers and donors.
* This web site.
WHAT WE GROW
Nature is at her most generous in green Galicia. We cultivate maize, hay, oats, barley, potatoes, grapes, cherries, apples, plums, pears, lemons, oranges, nectarines, grapefruit, kiwis, peaches, apricots, walnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, Swiss chard, green peppers, chilli peppers, turnips, onions, aubergines, cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, beans, pumpkins, squash, mushrooms, herbs, spices, cactus. and most tropìcal fruits –in a word, everything. And flowers. And our own wine, of course!
We also cultivate knowledge, skills, and expertise.
And we try to cultivate happy, productive people.
WHAT WE MAKE
Bags, aprons, hammocks, back-packs, pillows, wallets, polished stone to work with, earrings, didgeridoos, incense holders, whatever our imaginations dictate –all from natural or recycled materials.